Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crochet Plastic Bag Dispenser

I made a plastic bag holder to match my large kitchen trivet!


Plastic Bag Holder by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

I did the same stripe pattern:
2 rows red, 1 tan, 1 red, 1 tan, then 18 rows of red.
I did this in a rectangle, then sewed it up the seam long-ways.

In retrospect, I'm sure I used a larger hook for these projects...most likely a K hook. I then wove a 16" length of plastic twine through the top and the bottom DC's, for a homey, country feel, and to cinch up the top and bottom so that the bags don't fall out.
I also crocheted a strap from a length of SC fabric (only 2 rows) and attached it to the back.

I was getting sick of my plastic bags just being stuffed inside another plastic bag - it was about time for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment