Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa Hat, and my new hat model...

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Glad Yule, Bright Hanukkah, or Joyous Kwanzaa! Here is a holiday treat:


Crochet Santa Hat by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

I've gotten tired of modeling my own hats, so I decided to have the dog model for this one. Of course, it is MUCH bigger than his head!
I got the original pattern from Danette's Angels, but since it was designed as a child's hat, I had to continue increasing until it fit my head.
Don't worry, I'll type it down and post it here soon, for everyone to enjoy!

The red part was done in rounds of single crochet. The white cuff is a strip that I carefully measured to have a few more stitches than the red hat part. I used white yarn to single crochet the two parts together on the rim of the hat. Then I made a pretty white pompom and attached it.

Happy Holidays, from Me, Terry, and Loki!

No comments:

Post a Comment