Monday, March 29, 2010

Breakfast is served!

Anyone hungry for breakfast? It has plenty of "fiber"!


Crochet bacon and eggs by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

The bacon is from Lion Brand Yarn. Instead of Lion brand yarn, I used Red Heart TLC 'Barn Red' and a mystery tan yarn (probably a Red Heart Super Saver worsted), and it came out awesome!

And I modified the egg pattern from Monster Crochet.

How did I modify it? As written, the egg was made to be sewn on a cuff, so the yolk is hollow. I just did rounds 1, 2, and 5 in white yarn, and then continued with 6, 7, and 8. That way, you can make the yolk as instructed in the original pattern, and sew the yolk on the white, without ever having to tie on another yarn. Just stuff a bit of fiberfill in the yolk as you sew it on, and you're good to go!

I just put the coffee cup in the picture because it looked SO right. I hope you agree!

I did both bacon and eggs with an F hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment