Friday, March 12, 2010

Crochet Dishcloths


Ribbed Crochet Dishcloth by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

Here's a cotton dishcloth. I decided to do a couple of simple projects to get acquainted with cotton, and the washcloths made up both quickly and beautifully. I got the pattern for the dishcloth at Wendy's Woolies.


Ladder Stitch Dishcloth by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

This dishcloth was done in ladder stitch - yeah, I had to learn a stitch to make a dishcloth! Cool!

I got the pattern HERE

I used Lily Sugar and Cream 100% Cotton - cream/natural worsted weight. It's crocheted with an H hook, and a whole lotta love. :D It actually turns out that I did the stitch wrong - I crocheted in the front instead of behind the ladder "rung." Still, it looks awesome! That's one of the things I love about crochet - the patterns done right, and then...the happy mistakes!

Turns out, I love cotton. It's softer and less stretchy...it just feels good in my hands. You'll probably see more of it in this blog in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment