Thursday, April 8, 2010

Filet Crochet Happiness


What Would Thor Do? by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

These are two bookmarks that ask the eternal question: What Would Thor Do?
I did both of these from the same filet crochet pattern, which I designed myself. The only difference between the two is that I had to add two rows to the "openwork" one to allow for a border.
This also clearly illustrates the difference between openwork and closed-work filet crochet.
I like the openwork one better. It's lacier and looks more "free".
I did these with a #7 steel hook and size 10 crochet thread. They are quite large - perhaps I'll acquire some tatting thread (size 30) in the future, and see if I can scale them down a bit.
All I have to do is spray with fabric stiffener and block. My favorite part of crochet :P

I may post the pattern in the future. Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Aud. Blocking is my favourite part of crochet, too. Not.

    ReplyDelete