Friday, December 5, 2014

Making Something Beautiful

I was having a bad day about a month ago - stressed, anxious, worried - and to ease my discomfort, I decided that instead of dwelling on the negative, it would make me feel a lot better if I created something beautiful.
On my last trip to the grocery store, I found Crayola Dry Erase Pencils, and was so intrigued that I decided to buy them and give them a try. They were almost $5.00 which is quite a splurge for me; I rarely impulse buy.
The basic pack comes with 8 basic colors and a sharpener. The pencils look like color pencils, but are noticeably softer. Also, a warning - due to their softness, they are quite hard to sharpen, even with the included sharpener. If you're able to find a better method of sharpening these bad boys, please feel free to share it with me.
After I had them all sharpened, I created a quick-and-dirty standard artist's bowl of fruit with the fruit I had on hand at the time - which happened to be a lot because, as I mentioned before, I just came back from the store.
Here are my results:


Yeah, I admit - I signed my name to my dry erase board art. Haha!
After a month, it's still up there - a reminder to create something beautiful when I'm experiencing rough emotions. 
Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment