Sunday, February 28, 2010

Addison's Baby Blanket


Addison's Baby Blanket by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

This lacy little number took a bit longer than the pattern said. Although, I tend to be a "leisurely" crocheter. That might be the reason. I love doing chevrons, and this one was pretty challenging. I don't know if I'll ever do it again, though...it was rather time-consuming!

It was from the Micheal's web site: Lilac & White Crochet Baby Blanket

I used three skeins of Red Heart TLC Baby - one white, the other two "Girly Girl."
I liked the color combination of the Girly Girl yarn - dark pinks, light pinks, and greens combined for a harmonious floral-type effect. Honestly, I think the name should be "English Rose", but I don't name yarns...I just crochet!

The pattern, in my opinion, is hard to follow. They try their best to break it down into the simplest terms possible - which may help the beginners, but at first, being an experienced crocheter, this pattern was *VERY* difficult to understand.
I'd rewrite the pattern so that I can understand it, but I have better things to do...other projects are waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment