Saturday, February 13, 2010

Homemade Drawing Grid


Homemade Drawing Grid by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

This is a grid made with Plexiglas, to aid me in drawing mechanical things - to get the proportions right.
I used a cheapo T-square and a X-Acto knife to cut the grid, which is in 1" squares. I did make notches every 1/2 inch as well. I used a bit of ink to darken the lines, with usable results - I also tried some enamel paint as well, but only ended up with a nasty mess.
The grid is 8"x12", about the size of a regular 3 ring binder. This is a partial picture; my scanner, for some reason, didn't pick up the whole thing.
I'll try it out and comment about it's usefulness later. I'm just really proud of myself - I used some leftover Plexiglas that we were going to just throw away...and I made something useful out of it! Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment