Thursday, October 8, 2009

Limoncello

limoncello lemons vodka


This is a picture of a homemade limoncello project. No, the liquor itself is not homemade - I got it at a liquor store, for the information of any of you BATF agents who are reading my blog.(I don't understand WHY a BATF agent would read my blog, though). Oh, well - just in case then.

Some info on this awesome drink, from Wikipedia:
Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur mainly produced in Southern Italy. It is made from lemon zest (traditionally from the Sorrento lemon, though most lemons will produce satisfactory limoncello), alcohol, water, and sugar. It is light to bright yellow in color, sweet and lemony, but not sour since it contains no lemon juice. Limoncello is traditionally served chilled as an after dinner digestivo.

Thank you, Wikipedia. You make research so....effortless. (haha!)

I followed the directions for limoncello on this site:

http://patty.vox.com/library/post/homemade-limoncello-when-life-gives-you-lemons.html

I started it on September 27th, and just yesterday I sneaked a....sniff, and it smells INTOXICATING! (no pun intended)

Next time, I will follow the directions and use Everclear instead of 100 proof vodka (Smirnoff, of course) but it looks like this is going to turn out to taste AWESOME regardless of the type of alcohol used.

I might save this instead of giving it out as Yule gifts. Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment