Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snowman Stocking


Snowman Stocking by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

I did this because I had no desire to go out and buy a stocking that was made in China by sweatshop workers. I made this using the Christmas Tree Christmas Stocking pattern on the Lion brand yarn site, which you have to register (free) to see the pattern. A warning about the pattern: when it gets to the heel portion, it gets confusing/ambiguous, so I would make sure that I had the benefit of an experienced crocheter to decipher the pattern before I began.
I made the snowman applique with three crochet circles, and glued on pie wedge eyes and a hat(made out of felt). I hot glued the assembled snowman to the finished stocking. It was big enough to fit a DVD inside, although VERY snugly.
Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment