Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Plarn Tote Bag

This is my first plarn project:


Plarn Bag by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART


This crochet bag was made out of plarn; yarn made from plastic bags. I got the pattern through Crochet Pattern Central. Oh - here it is!
I altered the pattern a bit. I continued to crochet around, adding rounds to rnds 5-7 (I think I ended up doing rounds 5-11 like that, then following the remainder of the pattern).
There are quite a few tutorials on how to make plarn, including some stuff on youtube, but be warned - this stuff is hard to work with until you get the hang of it - the results are truly amazing! It stretches to accommodate things that have a weird shape, and it definitely gets the attention of the checkers at the supermarket (and other patrons!).
Hope you like!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is how I keep myself occupied...or, should I say, that this is me using my powers for good, and not evil! :D

    ReplyDelete