Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A glimpse of what is to come...

Dear Loyal Followers,
I'm working on several projects now, and I'd just like to give my viewers an update on my progress with these (and other) endeavors. My goal is to do 10 posts per month; since I have started out this blog slow, I felt that it would be a good idea to give myself a goal to achieve every month. If I go above and beyond ten, fine, but for now, the MINIMUM amount of postings per month will be ten.

Projects that I have yet to post:
1. Gift basket for Dan and Bree

In the works:
1. Crochet dice
2. Lovely BBW drawing
3. 3 paintings, all dealing with Norse Mythology
4. Crochet snood

On my to-do list:
1. Cross stitch birth announcement for my new niece
2. Crochet fruits and veggies, complete with cornucopia
3. Crochet socks
4. Crochet granny square blanket (just needs sewn together!)
5. Crochet snuggie!
6. Amigurumi Frog

Random ideas:
1. Hammer cozy
2. Small BBQ cozy (our apartment thinks that Charcoal BBQ's are the devil, so I'd like to crochet a cozy to make it more covert)
3. Random street art, to get my 'Crochet Valkyrie' blog up and running again
4. Make tags for The Crochet Valkyrie, so I can attach to street art.
5. Making (or bribing my friend to make) pillow forms, so I can crochet covers for them.
6. Cross-stitch Buddhism stuff - 4 Noble truths, 5 precepts, 8 fold path
7. Havamal samplers
8. More sushi sets, to sell on Etsy, or wherever I feel like it.
9. Do a felting project! But first I have to find the right color yarn. This has proven a challenge - I have a project in mind, and have been unable to locate the specific color yarn that I need for the project in the immediate vicinity. Looks like a jaunt to Portland, OR is in order, to cruise the yarn shops!

If there is anything that you'd like to see here, feel free to leave a comment.

To all of my awesome followers: I may have mentioned to one or many of you that I may be moving to TX- but this is looking less and less so. My husband was given a phone interview, and it's been more than a week...and we haven't heard anything. Both of us are starting to get a bit nervous about the way this new warehouse is being run - it looks to be very disorganized and chaotic. I could not ask my husband to trade a good job for a bad one for my comfort - so it looks as if we are going to make western WA state our permanent home.
But believe me...it will not be easy. Our lease is up on October 1st, so we have to figure out where we're going. Meaning: house hunting! We're looking at doing a VA home loan in a county where land and property taxes are cheaper. I think that I would "weather" the weather better if I had room to roam out here - this tiny apartment is driving me crazy!
Anyway - I may be busy, but I will attempt to keep my 10 post a month commitment. Things might get a little hairy in the months to come, but I'm sure that we'll get through it fine...and I'll make sure to update you all on things concerning my life and art.
Thank you so much for taking an interest in what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment