Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BBW Alice

Do you guys remember Alice from the video game (and subsequent movie) Resident Evil? I've always wondered what she would look like if she were a little (ahem) bigger, so I decided to go ahead and indulge my curiosity by drawing this:

Photobucket

This work is on drawing paper, in pencil and color pencil. I'm a little rusty when it comes to color pencil art, but I think this turned out first-rate! I tried to make it a bit cartoon/comic like, as I always foul up genuine portraits when I start to work them in color pencil.
I worked from a picture on the Internet Movie Firearm Database for the H&K G36K with the AG36 grenade launcher. I found a picture of the Springfield Mil-Spec 1911A1 randomly online (I managed to find an obscure pic that gave me a good idea of what the firearm would look like viewed from above). I used a reproduction of the US film poster for my Alice's pose and props, and I worked from a DVD case of the movie to get the font for 'ALICE' on the right hand side.
It was a lot of work and a lot of reference, but pretty damn good for a figure drawing, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment