Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blast from the Past - John and Yoko

I did this terrific portrait of John Lennon and Yoko Ono when I was in high school:

Photobucket

The signature at the top right is "mchic" in between two wings. The explanation? The wings symbolized my love of the rock band Aerosmith at the time. "M Chic" is an abbreviation for "Misery Chick", after an episode of Daria, where she incurred the nickname:


"Misery Chick" goodness appears around 7:20
(Unfortunately, part 2 seems to have been removed by Viacom. Too bad.)


Anyway, the medium is drawing paper and pencil (probably both low-end, as I was in high school with no job).
I was thinking of doing a "blast from the past" spot every month, just to put a spotlight on what skills I've improved, my change of subjects, and my changes in medium.
The changes? For one, I've stopped doing portraits (for the most part). My choice of medium has improved to encompass classier pencils and paper, and I'm more acquainted with the human form and structure of the face now.
I'll give myself at least a B+ in the improvement department.

No comments:

Post a Comment