Monday, August 16, 2010

Jumbo Plush 8-Ball

Unfortunately, this one can't tell you the future.


Jumbo Plush 8 Ball by ~audreydc1983 on deviantART

I used the skills I learned at eHowto create this awesome jumbo 8 ball!
I did a few rounds with white, switched to black until the circumference was right, did 7 rounds of sc, and then decreased accordingly (I made it to sc15, inc/dec)
I embroidered the '8' on it when I was about 1/2 way done, and started stuffing when I was about 5 rounds to the end.
The only issue I really had was with the decreases: when you make a crochet decrease, it leaves a slightly bigger hole than when you just sc or increase. I'm willing to take the chance that people really don't care about the back of the darn thing...it's the front that makes it so cool!
It's fun to throw around - or to use as a lumbar support. My husband asked me if I'm gonna make a full set of pool balls - cue stick, and all...I think I've created a monster!

No comments:

Post a Comment