Monday, October 11, 2010

Buddha Necklace

I fell in love with the idea of this necklace when I seen the pattern - so I saved it for later use. I tend to break jewelry, so it is quite obvious, with little inspection, that I choose much of my jewelry for durability in addition to simplicity. Occasionally, I'll make a concession to "Oh, pretty!", and make something that exists to be beautiful and nothing more. I guess that this is one of those times.

Photobucket

I found the pendant and beads at Michael's Arts and Crafts, and bought it with my birthday money (sent by my awesome grandmas!) in September. The hole in the pendant is so small that it seems only wire or fishing line can get through it, which made me think of this pattern. I chose these particular beads because the color resembles jade, and they are a nice contrast to the black and dark gray Buddha pendant. The hemp cord just seemed to fit the color scheme and rustic theme of the necklace itself.
Here is the original pattern at CrochetMe. The pattern doesn't include a pendant - I just took my theme and ran with it.

Okay, I have to say it: "Look! I made a pretty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment